Thursday, January 3, 2013

Shouting out!!

As a crafter and creator, I am constantly inspired by the amazing items created by others.  I can seriously get "lost" on Etsy for long periods of time admiring the work of some very, very talented people.  When possible, I plan to support other crafters by purchasing their products and writing about them here on the blog.  Thus, today's "shout out" post.

Before Christmas, I "treated" Talia (my Blythe doll) to some amazing handmade goodies from some overseas crafters.  It was so exciting to get mail from Sweden and Great Britain on the same day!!  Since my knitting skills, especially for very tiny knitted things, are still quite limited, I decided to buy a couple of lovely knitted items for dear little Talia.

I purchased this adorable Christmas hat from Gene P Doll Shop.  The shop owner is from Sweden and in addition to the truly amazing hat, she sent some fun little extras in the package including a Swedish Christmas greeting card.  So fun!!  The photo below shows the hat as listed in Gene P's shop.  It really shows all the great details including the pom-pom, button embellishments, and white eyelash yarn trim.


Here's a photo of Talia in her new hat.  I got it right when we had our first snowstorm and was able to practice my outdoor photography a little bit to show off her new duds.

I also purchased her a green sweater from Cannonbelle.  Green is my favorite color, and I also thought it would be Christmasy and would look great with her new Christmas hat.  This really makes me wish I could knit better.  Maybe that should be a resolution for 2013. 




No comments:

Post a Comment