Saturday, January 5, 2013

Christmas Pajamas


Every year for the past 4 or 5 years, I've made my boys new pajamas for Christmas.  I use Christmas flannel for the pants and a long-sleeved t-shirt for the tops.  The first several years I stencilled a design on the shirt to match the pants using a freezer-paper stencil technique.  I've blogged about that HERE in case you want a step-by-step tutorial.  Last year and this year, I decided to use a reverse applique technique on the t-shirt.  The photo above shows the ones I made this year.  They were cute and cozy.  The boys always open their jammies right before bed on Christmas Eve and wear them to bed that night.  I take photos of them wearing the matching jammies in front of the tree before they go to bed.  It's a fun tradition and I hope they will still wear mommy-made jammies for years to come.

Here's a confession though:  I usually order my pants fabric online sometime in the summer, but I never actually sew the pants until a day or two before Christmas.  That's just how I roll, people!  Like they say, the plumber's faucet always leaks and I always leave my personal sewing until last minute.

Here are links to other posts I've done about the pajamas from years past. 
2008 PJS (first year)   
2009 PJS (scroll down to see them, they are kind of far down in another post) 
2010 PJS

Sadly, I can't seem to find a photo of the 2011 ones.  I have photos of the boys wearing them, but I don't put photos of them on the blog, so you'll have to imagine light green flannel pants with a Christmas tree motif and red t-shirts with a star and tree reverse applique. 


No comments:

Post a Comment