Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New clothes for Ellyn

In the new year, I'm planning to expand Walnut Hill Handmade's offerings by sewing doll clothes for American Girl dolls and Blythe dolls.  To that end, I purchased an American Girl doll in December to use as a model.  I wrote about her on my doll blog, HERE.  She is beautiful and her name is Ellyn.

Over Christmas break, I started stitching some clothes for her.  I will most likely list these in my Etsy shop once I have a larger supply of clothes made up.  For both the top and the pants, I used fabric from Hobby Lobby.  The patterns I used are from Liberty Jane Clothing.  They were SUPER easy to follow and turned out great.  I only have one kind of bad photo to show her new outfit, but I'm really happy with it.  The hot pink pants are corduroy.  A girl's gotta love her some hot pink cords!!

NOTE:  I am going to go ahead and post this with the one photo I have, but gosh, I apologize for the poor lighting.  I'll have to work on getting better photos for the shop.  SORRY!!

Edited:  The morning after I prepared this post, I took a bunch more photos of Ellyn in her new clothes.  I'm going to do a separate post on that in a day or so to give some tips on product photography.  A few little changes can make a HUGE difference.  For now, I'll just post one of the "better" photos below the following photo, then I'll do a separate post about how I got better results.




UPDATE:  This outfit has been listed and is available for purchase in my Etsy shop.  See sidebar for the link to the shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment